Saturday 29 January 2011

Anscillary Task - Magazine - Step-by-step

My magazine cover is going to be, or is depending on when you read this, very similar to my poster, consisting of the same or similar materials such as the bullet holes, blood splatters, title etc...
The background Items from my poster
So here is my basic background from my poster. it's what left after cropping and scaling the poster to fit a magazine cover removing all of the non useable items like the actors names and things that will be replaced like the photo of my gorilla.

i started with my gorilla, one of the many other photos i took on my shoot of Michael Medway in it, using my technique of removing the green screen by selecting a colour range (green) and deleting it. this again left holes in my gorilla and so i duplicated the layer and moved it a frame to the right.
Gorilla
I brought back my title, the 'is coming' line and the associated splat and placed it at the bottom of the page to inform the readers what the issue of the magazine will centered on.
G-Day is Coming

I needed a magazine title and decided to use ' Green Screen ' as it is a common association with movies and relative to my film, being the kind of magazine that would do an issue on my fillm.
Magazine Title
Monthly Flm Magazine

To promote my film the magazine will be giving away free posters of my film. this is advertised as a nice selling point, on top of a yellow rectangle with a black stroke rotated to 45 degrees.
Free Posters
Next i needed some magazine articles to attract the consumers.
Article 1
Article 2, this article being the most important, i coloured yellow, the same yellow as the free poster add.
Article 2

Article 3

Article 4

Article 5
This bottom tagline informs my readers what the magazine as a general has to offer. these things are contained within every issue, most likely part of the default magazine template for each month.
Tagline
Without the barcode readers would find purchasing the magazine a lot harder as all modern shops are fitted with barcode scanners as a way of keeping track of stock and sales.
Barcode

This tagline (centre-right) is to give the consumer a tagline associated with the image.
Dirty great Ape
This i felt completed my Magazine Cover. 
Finished Magazine Cover


No comments:

Post a Comment