Sunday 26 September 2010

Empire Film Magazine

I have chosen to analyse some front covers from film magazines as this will help me when it comes to me creating my magazine cover. I will be able to identify the key qualities used within the indusrty and therefore i should be able to effectively produce a succesful front cover myself. I decided to look at different magazines which are both avaliable to purchase in Britain, this allows me to see which attributes need to be included in the designing of the front cover and also the qualities that are present already for the target audience that I will be targetting to.

This is a front cover that was used by Empire magazine, they are a well known company within the industry and this means that they would be a good model to use when learning what I need to include when i'm creating my film magazine front cover.
A masthead used for the companies name, this allows the audience/consumers to easily identify the magazine and therefore this will help increase sales and followers for the product.


The main image is of the actor Daniel Craig, this is because the magazine offers an in depth look into the 'new bond film' a topic that will have been popular at the time that the magazine was published. Offering the audience stories and interviews that another magazine does not means that the company will then have a unique selling point and an increase in demand potentially.
When I am creating my film front cover I am going to ensure that i try and include a story or interview that would be unique for the audience and offer them something that is worth purchasing the magazine for, a technique which is used a lot within the industry.


Smaller headings are posistioned on the side of the page and are there to tell the audience what is included within the magazine, using this technique will allow the consumers to identify whether or not the magazine appeals to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment